13.04.2019 – 7 pm
TUECHTIG Room for inclusion
Oudenarder Str. 16 (Building D06, floor 1)
Discuss with Yanis Varoufakis and other DiEM25-endorsed candidates about a new form of politics
Election campaign kick-off with:
- Yanis Varoufakis
- Daniela Platsch
- Bianca Praetorius
- Jasper Finkeldey
- Joanna Bronowicka
- Thomas Kellermann
Buy your ticket here and help us to cover the expenses of the night.
Transnational politics has arrived! The movement DiEM25 facilitates a discussion between citizens and citizen-candidates on the first-ever transnational list for the European elections. These candidates are fighting for a Green New Deal with progressive solutions to bring democracy back to Europe! The women and men, nominated in an experiment in grassroots democracy, who will take the programme to the ballot box in May, will answer all your questions and listen to your input.
Our event will not treat participants as passive listeners. Instead it will be about getting into a dialogue. As our venue is a room for inclusion, our event will be the same. After a short introduction from each panellist, we will jump right into the discussion with you in a fishbowl format. Meaning we will have panels consisting of our candidates and you!
Panel I: The connection between local activism and a European election campaign
- Jasper Finkeldey, organising a campus tour bringing the European Spring to the Universities across Germany
- Joanna Bronowicka, organising the #register2vote campaign ahead of the European Parliament elections
- Thomas Kellermann, activist for the “Aktionsbündnis Lichterfelde Süd” campaigning for social housing since 2011
Panel II: Putting a new form of politics into practice in Europe and beyond
- Yanis Varoufakis, campaigning against austerity politics all across Europe for year
- Daniela Platsch, pledging for a new and people-powered approach to democratize Europe
- Bianca Praetorius, connecting technology with democracy, transparency and sustainability
Moderators: Laura Müller and Johannes Fehr
Join us for the exciting time ahead, not stopping on the 26th of May. This European election is only a start fighting for the change we desperately need!